Adding Maca to the Mix (Dec '09 - Jan '10)

Hi,

It's day 7 of my cycle, and on reflection, I think it has been a fairly successful one.
I did have a headache on day 1, which I managed to get under control with OTC painkillers. It only lasted about 4 hours (which is a great improvement on the 7 day stretch I have had in the past!)

The things I tried this month were listed in this post.

In that post, I listed a product called Maca, which I was looking into at the time. Since then I have purchased some, and have been taking them alongside all the other stuff (I was using a fairly small dose) but didn't notice any effects from them at the time. I since decided to up my dose, and will let you know how that goes (sorry I forgot to post these details sooner). The main reason I decided to take them is that:

  1. I believe my headaches/migraines to be hormonal.
  2. Maca is reported to help to normalise/balance hormones.
  3. If you remember my previous post here about oestrogen/estrogen dominance - it's supposed to help with that side of things too, from what I have read.
  4. Maca is believed to help with many health issues (google it and see for yourself) which I think I might benefit from. Only time will tell. I'll update about this once I've taken it for a while longer at the increased dose.
As for the forthcoming cycle (Dec '09 - Jan '10) I will continue on the following regime:
And - if you have anything you can suggest which might be of use, then please, drop me a line! The comments section can be used, to contact me. Please feel free to share any ideas you may have!


(To view my full blog click here)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment