Vitamin D for Menstrual Migraines

Hello readers,

Vitamin D is proving to be very helpful in my battle against the Menstrual Migraines that have plagued me for so long!
I am having blood tests every 6 months, to check my vitamin D levels.
The level started off rather low, but I have been getting out in the sun (making sure I don't burn!), and taking supplements, and eating oily fish.
My level has since gone up and is getting there. Dr Stasha Gominak (linked to on a previous post) says that 60-80ng/ml seems to be the ideal level to ensure that the body repairs properly during sleep. My leve still has a little way to go before I'm in that golden zone, but I am certainly noticing benefits from the raised levels in the meantime.

  • My Menstrual Migraines have significantly decreased, in fact during my most recent period, I did not have so much as a headache.
  • My fingernails have started to really grow!!
  • I have a bit more energy.
It's early days, after all, but I shall continue to post any progress as I go along.

Thanks to everyone that has posted comments, it's good to hear that my experiments have helped others!

Lou :)

(To view the full blog click here)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment